Microwave Pecan Brittle
2 cups sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
2 cups chopped pecans
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon baking soda
1. Combine sugar and corn syrup in large microwave safe bowl.
2. Cook on High Power for 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Stir in pecan pieces.
4. Cook on High Power for 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Stir every 2 minutes until syrup and pecans are browned.
6. Remove from Microwave and stir in salt.
7. Add butter, vanilla and baking soda.
8. Stir until light and foamy.
9. Spread on large buttered cookie sheet.
10. When cooled break into pieces and store in a container that can be tightly sealed.